When was the last time that your organization had a print assessment completed? If you’ve never had one – you are likely paying more than you need to for your printing needs.
What is a print assessment?
A print assessment takes into account actual printing behaviours, volumes and use within your workplace over a predetermined period of time. A fact-based report based on these findings is produced to help business leaders gain a clear understanding of their current printing costs and identify opportunities to reduce these costs.
What is included in a print assessment?
- Inventory of all print devices, both networked and offline
- Usage data for each device – black & white and colour volumes
- Actual printing costs, broken down by page, by device and overall
- User activities, broken down by the individual user and department
- Energy use associated with devices
- Recycling program (or lack thereof)
How are print assessments completed?
Here are three of the most commons ways that print assessments are completed:
- Walk around – This is as straightforward as it sounds – taking a walk around the office to take an inventory of all print technology. A configuration sheet printed off first thing in the morning, and a second one printed at the end of the business day can provide a snapshot of daily print volumes. Projections can then be made to estimate the printing volume over the course of a week, month or year.
- Software deployment– For a more accurate calculation of your printing volumes and costs, a Managed Print Services provider can deploy software to collect fact-based data on all of your devices.
- Onsite professional services – If you operate a larger company with multiple locations, this will be most effective type of print assessment for your organization. This assessment takes a more in depth look and analyzes the data on a larger scale.
Most companies that undergo a print assessment will uncover immediate opportunities for cost savings. For more information on how you can save on printing costs, contact us for a no-obligation print assessment today!