Finding the best printer for your business is not easy. You can spend hours reading customer reviews to help you make the best choice. In fact, there’s almost too much information available! This is especially true if you are a small business with a limited budget.
The question for many small businesses is whether to buy a home office device from an office supply store or invest in a full-featured professional print device. The answer depends on the volume and complexity of your print needs. If your volume exceeds around 500 prints per month, or if you need color print capabilities, a professional machine may be the best choice.
The good news is that today, you don’t have to sacrifice functionality even if you have a smaller budget. Of course, there will be trade-offs and considerations to find a device that is affordable and has the feature set you need.
Here are some things to think about…
• Networking – Can you easily connect to a network? With the right printer, you can scan documents and automate workflows.
• Compatibility – It’s not worth spending on a device that is incompatible with your existing equipment.
• Speed – How many pages do you typically print? If you have a high volume of output, you’ll want a machine that can keep up.
• Colour? – If you often print your own marketing materials and flyers, you’ll need a different solution than an office that prints mostly invoices, for example.
• Price – Are different purchasing options available? Do they offer lease options that make it easy to upgrade? Also, make sure to investigate if they require exclusive plans for supplies, paper, and toner.
Many small businesses and home offices can benefit from a smaller multifunction device rather than separate devices for scanning, printing, copying, and fax.
If you’re not sure which machine is right for you, give one of our reps a call. Let us show you all of your options. We’re always happy to help you make the right choice!